Atomos Samurai users can now update their recorders to AtomOS 3.0.
- SmartMonitor, which adds various monitoring functions, including Peaking (for easier focusing), Zebra stripes (for exposure), False Color and Blue Only;
- SmartLog, which allows pre-editing and keyword tagging on location, including XML support for Final Cut X;
- SmartControl, which allows start/stop/pause to be triggered on any number of Samurais, interconnected via their LANC port, from any computer.
- automatic file recovery in the event of power failure;
- auto-record when an input is detected;
- Loop Playback;
- iPhone/iPad/Mac/PC recording support, which will allow software companies or reviewers to record how an app or game works.
AtomOS 3.0 is a free firmware update for existing Samurai users, and will also run on the new Ninja 2 when it ships.
[[Update: AtomOS 4.0 - including Avid DNxHD support - now available]]
By David Fox